Keith School Ornament. Measures 3 1/8" wide x 3 1/8" tall.
Keith Hall opened in 1939 as a Laboratory and Demonstration School for the students of Indiana State Teachers College. The building was named for John A. H. Keith a beloved principal of the Normal School (1917-1927). Keith school served as an elementary and high school for over 800 Indiana area children from 1939 until the 1970s.
This ornament was designed by ’59 alumna Jacqie Jones Watkins as a memento for an all-inclusive class reunion to be held October 18, 2014. The building will be razed in the near future to make way for a new building and continued growth for Indiana University of Pennsylvania.
Engraved in the pillar outside of Keith Hall is this quote “Each bears his destiny” and in the 75 years that Keith Hall has stood it has certainly been the bearer of destiny for many individuals.